Is there literally anything that doesn’t taste better with avocado on, in or around it? The quick answer to this question is, no.
Up your avo on toast ante with these amazing recipes we’ve rounded up. Get cooking asap.
Avocado Fried Egg
Recipe & Image via Jeremy James Stone
- Slice your avo, remove the pit.
- Use a cookie cutter (circle) to cut a space for the egg.
- Pop your avo skin down in a frying pan over medium heat — crack the egg inside the opening, cook through and then flip to cook the top.
- Serve with S&P and some coriander.
Chocolate Coconut Avocado Ice Cream
Recipe & Image via Running To The Kitchen
What you need:
- Flesh of 2 ripe avocados, about 275 grams
- 14 ounces full fat coconut milk from a can
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Mix avocados, coconut milk, cocoa powder, salt, maple syrup and rum in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions until thick and frosty, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add toasted almonds 1 minute before turning off ice cream maker, just to combine.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 1-2 hours to harden.
- Remove from freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving for easier scooping.
Recipe & Image via My Kitchen
- Blend avos with Greek yogurt, apple, honey and lemon juice.
Deep Fried Avo Tacos
Recipe & Image via Serious Eats
What you need: Ingredients here
Heat oil in a large wok, deep fryer, or Dutch oven to 375°F and adjust heat to maintain temperature.
Whisk together flour, cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and baking powder in a large bowl until homogenous. Add 3/4 cup beer and whisk very rapidly just until a loose batter is formed. Batter should be lumpy and have the texture of thick paint (add more beer if necessary). Do not overmix.
Season avocado wedges generously with salt and pepper, then drop them into the batter and turn to coat. Pick up one wedge at at time, allow excess to drip off, and carefully lower into hot oil. Continue until all wedges have been added and adjust heat as necessary to maintain a temeperature of 350 to 375°F.
Cook, turning avocado wedges occasionally and agitating oil to promote even cooking, until light golden brown and crisp all over, about 3 minutes total. Using tongs or a wire mesh spider, transfer avocado wedges to a paper towel-lined bowl. Season immediately with salt and toss to drain excess oil.
To serve, make 8 stacks of 2 tortillas each. Divide salsa verde and cabbage between tortillas and top with avocados. Drizzle with chipotle cream and top with pickled red onions, Serrano chile, and cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges and radish.
Brb, we’re making Avo on toast RN (what? we’re still in the office).
Animation source: Giphy, Avo toast: Women’s Day